Dates to Remember
Jul 10-18 – Pre-enrollment
Jul 10-18 – FWS balloting
Aug 15 – Check registration & schedule
Aug 21 – Add/Drop begins
In order to successfully create your schedule, follow these steps closely and consult additional resources your college sends you.
- Activate your Cornell NetID and email address.
You will need an active Cornell NetID to login for Cornell email, course enrollment, FWS balloting, swim test sign up, and course add/drop. The university will send you enrollment information via your Cornell email address.
- July 6: Visit Student Center to confirm your enrollment appointment window.
Before pre-enrollment begins, visit Student Center and login with your NetID and password. Your appointment window will be listed on the right side of the page.
- Review your college's course enrollment information. Take advantage of college and university resources.
Your college will send you information about how and what to consider during your enrollment window. If your college provides advisor contact information, do consult them. Use the Courses of Study to view program requirements and the Class Roster to build your class schedule. Learn more about enrolling in classes.
- Enroll during your appointment window through Student Center between July 10-18.
1. View courses in which you were enrolled by your college, if any.
2. Submit course requests based on your college specific information.
3. Enroll in a Physical Education course (see #6 for more information).
- Cast your First-Year Writing Seminar (FWS) ballot.
Beginning July 6, view FWS options. Cast your FWS ballot, ranking your top 5 preferences between 9:00 am July 10 and 4:30 pm on July 18. There are a wide variety of seminar subjects and meeting times, so you can choose seminars that fit your existing schedule. Do not choose seminars that conflict with your existing schedule.
- Sign up for a Swim Test or enroll in Beginning Swimming (PE1100).
Passing the Swim Test is a requirement for graduation. If you can swim, sign up beginning July 10; you will complete the test during Orientation. If you cannot swim or do not feel confident about your swimming skills, enroll in Beginning Swimming (PE 1100) during your appointment window.
- August 15: Check Student Essentials to view your current semester schedule and verify your registration status.
In addition to verifying your schedule, you must make sure you have no holds preventing your university registration.
- August 21: Add/Drop begins.
The Add/Drop period is your opportunity to make changes to your schedule. There are restrictions on how long you have to add and drop various courses. However, the add period for most courses is 15 calendar days (second Tuesday after classes begin) from the beginning of classes and drop is 57 days (mid-October) from the beginning of classes.